Anxiety is a type of mental health disorder. A person who has anxiety disorder may react with fear to certain things and situations. One can also experience physical signs of anxiety such as heart palpitations and sweating.
It is completely normal to feel anxious from time to time. However, it becomes abnormal when it interferes with one’s daily life. Anxiety is a symptom of anxiety disorder and it can be treated.
TYPES OF ANXIETY DISORDERS
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Panic disorder
- Separation anxiety
- Acute stress reaction
- Pos-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive disorder
When you are anxious, you feel fearful and nervous. You may also have one or more uncomfortable physical symptoms such as:
- A fast heart rate.
- The sensation of having a ‘thumping heart (palpitations).
- A feeling of sickness (nausea).
- Shaking (tremor).
- Dry mouth.
- Chest pain.
- Fast breathing.