As part of the Monitor Healthcare Services, we will like to introduce EMG services to make a difference in the area of Neurology and Neurosurgical patients. Also called a myogram, an electromyography (EMG) measures muscle response or electrical activity in response to a nerve’s stimulation of the muscle. The test is used to help detect neuromuscular abnormalities.
Based on our research, we have identified the need in this area and are happy to bring to your notice that we now have a platform to carry out this service in Ogbomoso, Ibadan and Lagos.
Our services afford our clients a second neurological opinion from excellent local and international experts. Contact us for your general electroneurography and electromyography including tremor analysis, evoked potentials, reflex studies and EMG guided botulinum therapy.
Some of the conditions where EMG can be useful are treatment for the following neurological conditions:
- Muscular dystrophy
- Neuromuscular diseases, such as myasthenia gravis
- Nerve compression or injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Nerve root injury, such as sciatica
For more details or to refer a Patient to us please see our contact details for this services below.
We request that physicians wishing to refer a patient to us to complete medical records on the patient including the following:
1. Medical history including their current medications.
2. We will like to know if patient has pacemaker on.
4. Any tests or procedures that have been completed relating to their diagnosis
Our EMG clinics run in Ogbomosho, Ibadan and Lagos depending on location close to you.