WHAT PROLONGED SITTING DOES TO YOU!
Research has linked sitting for long periods of time with a number of health concerns. It was analyzed that those who sat for more than eight hours a day with no physical activity had a risk of dying similar to those with obesity and smokers. Overall, research seems to point to the fact that less sitting and more moving contribute to better health. You might start by simply standing rather than sitting when you have the chance.
Reasons why sitting down for long periods is bad for you:
- It increases your blood pressure
- It causes obesity
- Your odds of getting diabetes will rise.
- Sitting for too long can shorten your life span
- The effects of sitting down for a long period of time can counter with exercise. Even if you work out for 7 hours in a week, you can reverse the effects by sitting for 7 hours.
- You may be more likely to get colon endometrial, or lung cancer. The more you sit, the higher the odds.