Immediate Life Support (ILS) course is a multidisciplinary course that provides more diagnostic skills than the Basic Life Support (BLS ) course, expands core knowledge, and teaches airway management skills that are important in the initial phase of treating a critically ill patient who needs resuscitation, Electrocardiogram Recognition (ECG) and Rapid Safe Defibrillation, using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) or Manual Defibrillator. It focuses on the essential knowledge and skill appropriate for most healthcare at all stages and levels.
The ILS course teaches the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify the causes and promote the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Recognize and treat the deteriorating patient using the ABCDE approach.
- Undertake the skills of quality CPR and defibrillation (manual and /or AED) and simple airway maneuvers.
- Utilize non-technical skills to facilitate initial leadership and effective team membership.
- Advance airway management.
- Als Algorithm.
- Management of Myocardial Infarction.
- Management of Hs and Ts in Cardiac arrest plus more!